Sunday, October 23, 2005

My entrance to the newest... fad? trend? phenomenon? movement??


So, I'll save you all the babble about not knowing what blogging is all about, and just jump right in and tell you why this blog is coming into existence.


1) I've got a kid coming. It's a beautiful baby girl that my lovely wife, Esther, is currently incubating in her tummy until mid-January. We're going to name her Reagan Joy. We can't wait to see what she looks like.

2) Reagan is my parents' first grand-baby and my sister's first niece. They live in Northern Virginia. We live in Southern California. Not having this blog would drive Momma Bea absolutely crazy. This blog will also end up saving my Dad a lot of money on airfare.

3) Reagan will be my grandparents' first great-grand-baby and my great-grandma's first great-great-grand-baby. She will be the first of a new generation in my wife's family too. I've got extended family in more states and time zones than I can count. This blog will save ME a lot of money on airfare.

4) I've lived in, traveled to, and known people from almost every state in this great country. Most of these people would have no idea where and how I am if it wasn't for this little tool called "the internet." (I'm pretty sure it's here to stay.)


Now before you hippies out there start to say to yourselves "Oh great. Here's another blog about some yuppie's spoiled baby," let me clarify. This is MY blog. Reagan will get her own at a later date when Esther or I take the time to make it. The truth is, I took WAY too long of a nap today and can't sleep. So, I'm up a little late and decided, "Now is as good a time as any to start my blog."

So, as you can see, this blog is not some place for me to vent, preach, or get in touch with my emotions. (Although, I'm feeling like I need to go for a hike to find some inner truth as I'm writing this. Wait... that's just heartburn.) It's a place for you to come and look into my life without bugging me. It's so you can see what I'm up to whenever we haven't spoken in a while. I think it's gonna be pretty fun too!

I'll sum it up with a horrible pun.



"This Blog's for You."

14 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Blogger Stevan said...

Yea!! Woo Hoo!! You have crossed over!!! can't wait for more!

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Stevan said...

It's ABOUT time, cousin!

It's good to see you FINALLY on the blog-tip!

I'll enjoy reading this one for sure!

-Stevan

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Josh and Cammie Delph said...

Welcome to the WORLD!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Travis said...

Excellent use of polka dots. I like it :-)

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Glad to see you've joined the blog club for the geographically distanced. And congrats on the first of a new generation! We can't wait for Reagan's arrival!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Hummel Family said...

Whoo-Hoo! Now I can see what my old pal, Brock is up to. Can't wait for Reagan to get here!

JoEllen

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YO! YO! YO! You da man!

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered what was taking you so long! :) Glad to see ya.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Brock said...

Jodi,

It's pretty funny you're giving me guff while your name still shows up in black. silly.

Brock

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not ready to conform yet. Maybe in a few years when eveyone else has moved on to the next trend. Besides, without kids or hiking, what in the world is there to blog about...?!?! ;)

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger the lambs said...

Good to see ya, Sheets.

Julie

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Ken and Judy Davis said...

Hey, I'm the aunt! And I didn't get notified of this! I happened upon it from Stevan's site! Lucky for me I check his regularly! Now, I will have your's to add to my reading pleasure!

By the way, love the name of the little addition still incubating!

Congrats, you guys!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Jenn Swift said...

first off... jodi, I felt the same way... no kids, no blog... but we do have lives outside of kids. I was pursuaded... I gave in. Here I am.

BROCK! So glad to see you in the mix. It's amazing how weirdly connected it keeps you.

Sher! looking forward to having you back in the states!

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm finally getting into this after some timely reminders from your dear parents who are now with us! Wish you and your 2 ladies were also here...

You have become a most riveting writer and I look forward to seeing some more of your stuff. It's so neat to see the writing skills of this younger generation of the clan. Great Great Grandpa Cowles would be so proud!

Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! We still pray that all the hoops you still have to negotiate will be pieces of cake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Hit Counter